Sunday, September 23, 2012

"Ice-Cream" for Breakfast

One of my new favorite obsessions right now is to throw a whole bunch of stuff into my "ninja" and make smoothies. I find the BEST smoothie recipes on one of my favorite blogs...Peanut Butter Fingers.  I made this smoothie the other day, but made a rookie blogger mistake...I ate the entire smoothie and did not remember to take any pictures! How rude of me right?? So here we go, I was not as big of a pig this go round...and woke up with an instant craving for something "cake-batter", so I decided to go for PBF's "ice-cream" smoothie (round 2)....here is my spin (By the way, if you make this you will then understand why I say "ice-cream"..trust me.)


Ice Cream for Breakfast Smoothie

Ingredients

  • 2 bananas cut up into bite size pieces, place in freezer for one hour
  • 1 scoop of protein powder (I used cake batter)
  • 1 tbsp or drizzle of honey
  • 1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
Directions

  • Blend everything in smoothie until it is smooth (imagine that!)
                                               

Make sure you cut the bananas into pieces...do not try to freeze an entire banana with peel and all. The outcome will not be easy or helpful in making this creation. Clearly I have made this mistake;) What one doesn't realize is that the peel will freeze and it will become a "tightly sealed" banana and you will have to defrost the banana. (yes, you can defrost a banana).


Best protein flavor I have tried so far! Also, only 2 points + if you do weight watchers!


I love almond milk...but you can use whatever milk product you like!


The end result, which was devoured in about 50 seconds while watching an episode of"How I Met Your Mother"...also known as "procrastinating instead of doing grad work"


Last night RR and I had some friends from college visit! We headed to The Cellar Door and grabbed some drinks and had a ton of laughs. It made me miss the Bloomsburg days.

                                              

We love showing friends around our cute little town!


This afternoon RR and I decided to try out the bagel shop down the street. We decided to walk there and we were glad we did because it could not be more gorgeous out on this Sunday! Too bad mine will be spent inside staring at my Abnormal Psych book:( Don't you feel so sorry for me. 


This little gem here is the "Veggie Bagel" and it is something that will now be a weekly or at least bi-weekly must have. It is so bad when I get introduced to good food places, especially when it is literally a 3 minute walk down the block! ah! In this sandwich there are (by no particular order): Portobello mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, sprouts, Swiss cheese, raspberry vinaigrette and the most amazing veggie cream cheese. A major plus to this meal were those crispy little garlicky bread chips. RR got her sandwich first and I was a little jealous that she had those chip things, so imagine how excited I was when mine came with them too! I always find a bagel is just not always enough to make a meal complete so the pickles and chips were a great addition. RR and I left feeling full, and ready to take on the grad work! Bring it.



Have a favorite smoothie you like to make?



What is your favorite Sunday ritual? Maybe you are normal and actually turn on your TV to watch this thing called football....















No comments: